These guidelines have been written and voted on by a Group Conscience.
Please abide by them so that we all will feel safe here then enter through the button below...
1. NO SOLICITATION- Any type of solicitation will be deleted. A warning will be given to the member to not post solicitation again and if not agreed upon, the member will be banned. Any pornography sites posted will be immediately deleted and the member will be banned with no warning.
2. EMAIL USERS and EMAIL VERIFICATION
- Some members choose to allow their email to be accessed through their
member profile. This is to be used only for CoDA issues. Please do not
spam the member list this is a violation of boundaries. The moderators
reserve the right to maintain a list of all the email users of the
site. This list will be kept confidential and used by the moderators to
send out updates, announcements, membership updates etc. All members who join must have a verifiable email address to remain a member and be able to post to the message boards. If you sign up with an email address that is not verifiable then you will not be granted access to the message boards. During the time of your membership if it is found that your email address is no longer active then your membership will be removed. You will be allowed to rejoin at any time using a verifiable email address.
3. BE RESPECTFUL- You must be respectful of other members in chat and on the message boards. Name calling, or profanity directed toward a person will not be tolerated. Blatantly offensive posts will be reposted on the "deleted messages" forum with an explanation of why they were inappropriate. Blatantly offensive posts consist of direct name calling, profanity, yelling or anything that may be considered not conducive to the recovery of the
group as a whole and/or other members feeling safe. All moderators
will be expected to monitor the board for such offensive posts and it will be
up to their discretion what seems offensive and reposted on the deleted messages board. The person posting the offensive post will also be contacted via private message or via email (with cc to all the moderators) to be given a chance to remove his/her own post or address
4. CROSSTALK AND GIVING ADVICE- In Codependents Anonymous we share our personal recovery, experience, strength and hope. We avoid giving advice. The only suggestions and advice accepted would be to direct the person to attend f2f meetings, working the steps, or if the person directly asks for an opinion. Issues concerning "crosstalk" are not automatically considered
offensive" and do NOT fall into the category of being deleted from the message board. Crosstalk guidelines can be interpreted differently by different individuals. Forms of
crosstalk may include: criticizing, controlling, dominating, minimizing another
person's feelings or experiences, giving advice or unsolicited feedback,
referring to a person by name. Crosstalk issues should be addressed first
between the 2 individuals and if not resolved in a peaceful manner then
referred to the moderators to be discussed in a group conscience
via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. POSTING LINKS- Posting of links on the message board or in the chat room to other personal recovery sites is not allowed through a group conscience decision. We feel this distracts from our focus here and is against CoDA traditions. We do have a News and Resources page, if you have a suggestion for an addition to this page please email :